Management and technology consulting firm GreySpark has found that U.S. dollars are the most actively traded fiat currency against cryptocurrencies in a new study published September 4. The study focuses on the recent popularity of cryptocurrencies that went viral in late 2017, when Bitcoin’s (BTC) price peaked at $20,000. GreySpark experts...
Blockchain startup ConsenSys has partnered with online education platform Coursera to offer a blockchain technology course, according to an announcement published September 5. The two companies are launching a course entitled “Blockchain: Foundations And Use Cases.” The course is designed to provide students an introduction to the technology and develop...
Uzbek president Shavkat Mirziyoyev has ordered the establishment of a state blockchain development fund called the "Digital Trust", according to a document published on official government website Sunday, September 2. The fund's aim is to integrate blockchain into various government projects including healthcare, education, and cultural areas. The organization will...
Turkey's Borsa Istanbul Stock Exchange (BIST) has developed a blockchain-powered customer database, Daily Sabah reported September 6. Founded in 2013, BIST is the result of the merger of the Istanbul Stock Exchange, the Istanbul Gold Exchange, and the Turkish Derivatives Exchange (TurkDex). Per the exchange’s annual report for 2017, it...
Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss’ company has filed a new patent for “securely storing digital assets,” the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) revealed Tuesday, September 4. The Winklevoss IP, LLC patent, entitled “Systems and methods for storing digital math-based assets using a secure portal,” includes a new method that allows...
The Chairman of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) has said that the bank will focus on blockchain technology development, BiaNews reported September 1. Founded in 1984, the ICBC is reportedly the largest bank in China with over 5,000 corporate and 530 million personal customers. In 2017, the...
Naples’ mayor, Luigi de Magistris, has posted an impassioned pledge to launch an autonomous municipal cryptocurrency that, he says, would unshackle the city from “anti-southern discrimination” and “unfair” debt, on his Facebook public profile September 2. De Magistris argued for the new currency as part of a threefold plan of...
In an era of hotly contested debates surrounding data ownership, privacy and monetization, one particular piece of data could be said to be the most personal of all: the human genome. While we are 99.9 percent identical in our genetic makeup across the species, the remaining 0.1 percent contains unique...
In any nascent market, the price of an asset is often uncorrelated to the success of the underlying industry. And for crypto, it seems to be much of the same, with this budding space seeing its fair share of unrelenting growth, adoption, and success, even though prices may say otherwise.Crypto Sees...
The Taipei Medical University Hospital has rolled out a blockchain-powered platform to improve medical record-keeping, Taipei Times reported August 31. The so called “Healthcare Blockchain Platform” was reportedly developed in order to support the government’s Hierarchical Medical System policy, improve patient referral services, and integrate individual healthcare networks to enable...